Using embedded-git v1.8.4.2 in sourcetree, when i clone repository i receive this warning:
warning: templates not found /usr/local/git/share/git-core/templates
Welcome your advice...something related to PATH settings?
I have the same problem when cloning the Git repo from bitbucket. I just let it continue running for 5-10 minutes, it will clone the repo eventually. This is what I get afterwards.
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree submodule update --init --recursive
Completed successfully
Thanks for replying. Tried but waiting didn't resolve. Closed Sourcetree and just used git in terminal and cloning works perfectly. So there must be something with Sourcetree. Will stick to using git in terminal.
I had the same problem, I saw that it had created the folder and the hidden git subfolder but nothing else. I cancelled and chose the "checkout existing" tab and selected the folder it had just created, then clicked checkout and it pulled the source down right away.
You can try using system git if SourceTree is using embedded git in Preference window -> Git and see if it works.
Thanks a lot MBS. Your comments helped me as clone wasn't working for me using both source tree and bash. But changing embedded to system helped me.
Hello @Chris Bennell,I did not yet your answer. Can you explain a bit. How to choose "checkout existing"?
Try downloading repository with GitHub Desktop application.
https://desktop.github.com/
Same here, was experiencing same issue and works perfectly now. Thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.