I would like to be able to copy a card simply by dragging it out of the column it normally lives in. I would like this duplicate card to be able, then, to be dragged to whichever other column and position I want on that board. I would like to original card to stay where it is in its original column. The act of dragging duplicates, but does not move or remove the original card that I am clicking on and dragging.
I am familiar with the ability to right click, select copy, and select a destination column.
I am familiar with the automation that allows you to set the trigger: Move from X column, and the action "Copy to X Column"
The automation as described above won't work for me because I will be dragging that one card, once copied, to any number of columns as needed. Selecting the destination column as a rule that must be followed every time the card is moved or copied wont work because the destination changes.
Here is a specific application to demonstrate what I would like to do, can anyone please tell me if this is doable now within the application, or with any power up?
Column B: Services, contains a number of cards (50), each card representative of a service I provide (I provide 50 services, each unique card is instructional for performing that service, can have statuses, due dates, etc once copied to destination column).
Column C, D, E, F, G: Destination columns, potentially. Which services from Column B will eventually end up in each client column will be client-specific, and vary client to client. Each column corresponds to one Client. (Client C, D, E, F, G)
When setting up a new client, lets say Client G, I will create a new column for them, Column G, and then I will drag any number of individual service cards from Column B to the new client Column G. Each card I drag will be representative of one service this client has contracted from me, the status will be set upon dragging, etc, auto due date, whatever.
Some of my clients sign up for 15 unique services, and then order more on semi-regular or random basis. Right clicking and selecting a destination EVERY SINGLE TIME I need to add a contracted service to a Client Column is just too much. If I could just drag the SAME card out of the services column every time that particular service is contracted, and put it in whichever client's column I want, that would be amazing.
Thank you for reading.