Yup, it's probably not going to be the most popular answer around here. BUT, after awhile it started growing on me. The ever unpopular hockey puck mouse from Apple came in 7 colors and was part of the no-beige computer period.
Can I say my favorite mouse...is a trackpad?
Big fan of Apple's Magic Trackpad!
I had this classic for close to 15 years before deciding to go wireless mouse. It was perfect for my giant hands. Yes, I am this old!
At home I'm using the Logitech MX Master 3S:
At the office, I'm using the Logitech MX Anywhere 3S:
What is an "office" @Dave Mathijs ? hahaha
Thanks for sharing. Very cool mice!
Love the hockey puck, @Dan Breyen
Heck yeah, brother @Robert Wen_Cprime_ , trackpad counts!
Ohhhh, cool Sun mouse, @Josué Garcia
Oh, wait, I misread the question. My favorite mouse? Well, this mouse was an integral part of The Green Mile. Mr. Jingles. Delacroix taught him tricks, and even had a miraculous recovery after an unfortunate and serious injury before running off into the sunset.
I like logitech as well.
@Dan Breyen ~ Mr. Jingles!! HAHA. Great movie...
Unusual but interesting topic @Kristján Geir Mathiesen! I will start by saying that I don't have any love for mice that contained a trackball, they were nothing but a pain. The moment laser mice came out I loved them.
I'm currently using a Logitech g502 Hero:
It works very well for both work and gaming!
I love my trusty magic mouse, but I'm certain it's not the best for my wrist and I should probably give something new a try!
Here's one for ya... a Logitech M310 wireless mouse on an OS/2 2.0 mouse pad. I received this mouse pad when I was working on OS/2 2.0 printer drivers for IBM/Lexmark... back in the bad old days.
I keep a Logitech M325 in my backpack with the associated dongle plugged into my laptop at all times... my M310's dongle is plugged into my dock.
Simple. Small. Portable. Light. Logitech M525 is always in my bag.
I am using the Dell PU705 Bluetooth Travel Mouse shown below since I bought my first Dell Inspiron 1420 Laptop in 2009. I still have it and I love it. I never tried any other mice (except only a few regular Logitech and Microsoft ones at my client work locations before 2018).
I'm going to have to cheat, I don't have a specific favourite.
Many many years ago, I got shifted to an annex office, which was poorly equipped with non-adjustable furniture. The company had run out of desk space and got temporary space while they commissioned the next expansion.
Most of us there developed joint problems, mostly RSI (Repetetive strain injury, or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), and I was one of the first to develop it.
As I complained very early, they sent me to a physiotherapist who did a whole load of stuff to alleviate the symptoms, and gave me good advice on how to stop making it worse. Her advice is still working to suppress it.
She gave me a "sideways mouse", which stops you twisting the two bones in your forearm as you do with a traditional mouse and told me to ask the employer for a laptop with one of those new-fangled touchpads (I did, they gave me an IBM T42 which was good on so many levels and it served me well for 25 years!), but more importantly, she said the best prevention was to use different mice regularly. Frequently swapping between a "normal" mouse, a "sideways" mouse, a touchpad, and and other inputs has almost completely stopped the pain. The downside is that I can't play action games for more than an hour or so (I need a standard mouse for FPS games).
So, that said, here are the three mice I use most of the time (I don't think a photo of a laptop's touchpad is going to add much to the conversation)
Left = mostly for gaming
Right = sideways mouse, mostly for browsing and work
The middle one is probably not really a mouse, it's a gesture sensor, trained on gestures that don't need me to flex my fingers at all.
Definitely Logitech's MX Series mouse.
Thank you all for your comments and cool pictures. Fun to read about your mice
Original Xerox Design Mouse:-
Any recommendations on which mouse brands are good for gaming?
Logitech - old-fashioned, with cable. 😄
I tried Magic Mouse and others. Now back to the built-in trackpad (:
I really like this mouse until it died.
Honestly, it took me some time to get used to it , but afterwards, I wouldn't go for an other device.
My favourite was the MS prototype mouse. At one time I ran all the events for Microsoft across the country and we had access to all theri hardware and software. In about 1999 they launched a mouse and gave us the prototype - it worked, but it also came apart as a demo to show every part for trade shows. We actually got used to using it and kept it for a lot of years. Wish we had kept it as it might have been worth like ten bucks or something now...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.