I have a plan that generates a key file. This plan takes about 2hr to run and the output is used by lots of other plans.
What's the best way to share an artifact with other plans, without having to run the lengthy job in each plan?
Thanks!
The easiest way would be to structure your plan in the following way:
Stage 1:
- Job that generates the key file, defined as a shared artifact
Stage 2:
- Job 1 that uses the artifact from Stage 1
- Job 2 that uses the artifact from Stage 1
...
- Job X that uses the artifact from Stage 1
If you cannot define it that way (i.e. you need each plan to be a separate Plan), you should structure it in the following way:
Plan 1
- Job that generates the key file, defined as an artifact
Plan 2, depending on the Plan 1:
- Job 1
Plan 3, depending on the Plan 1:
Plan X, depending on the Plan 1:
And in each job, you should have a task that downloads the key file from Plan 1 (use Bamboo's REST API to find out the URL for your key file, or just point to the 'latest' build).
Przemek,
What's the best way to get a list of artifact links via the REST API? Looking at the documentation I have not had success getting this, especially in a JSON or XML format. The closest I got was:
Is there a better way? Is there a way to get the MD5 checksum to validate data transfer via the API?
What are you missing when you use the REST call? it should give you the URL.
Regarding MD5s: you can calculate the md5 in a script task into a file and just publish the sums as artifacts.
BTW. In your examples, it's not STAGEKEY but JOBKEY.
With ?expand=results.result.artifacts all I get back is:
<artifacts size="2" max-result="2" start-index="0"/>
I would have thought that the expand argument would have filled in artifact elements inside of artifacts. I'm using 2.3 rc3, has something changed with the API?
As for the MD5, storing it as an artifact makes sense. (i.e. filename.md5)
What if you try expand=artifacts ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.