Pretty straight forward. Why is this checkbox greyed out?Screen Shot 2016-10-30 at 5.00.28 PM.png
Have you installed gpgtools?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/setup-gpg-to-sign-commits-within-sourcetree-765397791.html
I did. Do I have to update the GPG Program in my settings to point to GPG Tools?
Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 2.30.56 PM.png
Possibly. Did you install the tools to a different location?
I picked the default location. Looks like it put it in my Applications dir.
Turns out I had installed GPG tools, it said it had a key in the control panel thingy so I figured it was cool beans... but it turns out I didn't have a private key yet. So I clicked new, entered a password, jigged my mouse and keyboard some and it all came good.
Obvious. Yes.
I already had a private key generated, but I had to restart SourceTree for it to pick up that change. Worked fine after that.
I had this problem after I had installed gpg through Homebrew first, and then uninstalled it to use MacGPG instead.
I solved it by going to Sourcetree > Preferences > Advanced, then for GPG Program I clicked Browse and selected /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin. After that, I was able to enable GPG signing on a repository.
I was able to make it work with Homebrew. You need to create a symlink gpg2 -> gpg under `/usr/local/bin` and after that you can select `/usr/local/bin` as GPG Program path under Sourcetree -> Preferences -> Advanced
Can you elaborate? I dont see any gpg2 so where did you use your symlink?
You can create the symlink pointing `gpg2` to `gpg` with the command below:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/gpg /usr/local/bin/gpg2
Once that is in place, you can set `/usr/local/bin` as the GPG Program Path under Sourcetree -> Preferences -> Advanced
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.