Hello, I support an on-prem instance of Bamboo. It is configured to back up every day at 10 p.m. However, it isn't backing up. I would appreciate some guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue.
Thanks.
Hello @Damiam Cleveland
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
The first thing you'd have to check is the Bamboo logs. They are located on the Server at <bamboo-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log. Open that file, and search for the period around the scheduled backup and observe if any errors or warnings are showing up.
If you can't find any entries it may be the case that your Backup is disabled go to:
Best regards,
Eduardo AlvarengaAtlassian Support APAC
--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful--
Thanks for the guidance, Eduardo.
I can confirm "Disable scheduled backups" is not selected.
However, the /logs directory doesn't exist on my system.
Also peculiar is that the global configuration change history shows that the backups are taking place, but there's no trace of the backups.
Any other ideas?
Thank you
If you don't have a logs directory you may be running into a major issue. I recommend you open a ticket with Atlassian so our specialists can check your system closely and get to some good recommendations to fix your issue.
Duly noted, Eduardo. Before I contact support, can you tell me a bit about the "Wait for jobs to complete" option? Our backups are scheduled for 10:30 p.m. If a job runs at that time, will the backup never run, or will it start once it completes?
Also, will data be corrupted if we uncheck this option, and the backups run before a job completes?
Delete
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.