Does anyone know how to access Solution Variables such as "$SolutionDir" from VS in bamboo? You cannot define a custom variable in bamboo = to SolutionDir so I am stuck. Any ideas please.
The variable itself cannot be used in bamboo, but you can hardcode the solutiondir by using the workspace directory and the relative file of you sln. Or you can define a bamboo variable and use that as a environment variabe. VS allows you to use environment variables with the $() syntax.
But please explain why you need that. Maybe there is another way of achieving the same.
What I am attempting is to get the value to $(SolutionDir) from the post build event that is defined in the .csproj file. What happens is that when the post build steps goes to run in bamboo the $(SolutionDir) is not defined so when bamboo tries to use that variable it has no value so it actually substitutes an extra ../ to the path and the .file that is trying to be copied is not found.
Since Bamboo only allows alphanumeric variables I cannot predefine $(SolutionDir) in bamboo which should be changed in my opinion. As a result the build fails and reports an unsuccessful status. I know I can modify the .csproj file but that defeats the purpose of the $(SolutionDir).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.