Dear Atlassian Team,
Our organization noticed that the status description field is now locked as a system field.
Previously we used the description section of the status field to document important process policies and information for our teams. Having this documentation visible within the tool itself was incredibly helpful to help promote transparency amongst our team on policies.
With the status field now locked, that important information was erased during the update. I'm writing to politely request that you consider reverting the status field to be editable again in a future release. Having an editable status description field is crucial for our teams to have the process information they need at their fingertips within JPD. Otherwise we have to send them to a confluence reference doc which is a much worse experience.
Please let me know if there is any additional context I can provide or if there are other solutions we could consider to restore this functionality. I appreciate you taking the time to review this request. Thank you in advance for your help!