I like Trello but ran into the same "gotcha" everybody else does: no meaningful support for recurring tasks. Card Repeater doesn't cut it. So I was really excited when I found the API and Webhooks. Wow, the possibilities are endless! So I start coding.
Not so fast, say the gods. While the API is clean and works well, it doesn't provide access to the full set of properties of Trello boards, lists and cards. In fact it seems like there are more things I *can't* touch than things I can. I can't turn 'Watch' on or off? The heck you say.
My question for the community and any Atlassians that read this: is this really how it is and how it's going to be? Is there going to be or has there been any evolution of the API? I could do some really amazing stuff if the API would let me do the things I (I think quite reasonably) expect an API to do. Will it someday?
UPDATE: Watch is apparently Subscribe from the API's POV. Tested and works. That said, Location doesn't appear to be anywhere in the API and I expect I'll keep finding things that are in Trello boards/cards/lists but can't be get/set via the API, so my question holds.