When user "A" has a previously edited but unsaved card description, and in the meantime user "B" updated the card description, then when "A" clicks the Save button, "B"'s edit is overwritten.
When this happens, my colleagues come to me and I have to dig into the JSON for the previous edit description.
I can take this markdown'ed description and paste directly into the Trello card which works great for the markdown formatting, but newlines, formatted as "\n" in the JSON text, is not imported as newlines but rather literally as "\n".
So I have to insert the JSON text into a text editor and replace "\n" with actual newlines, and then copy this text into the Trello card description field.
2 wishes from me:
- If I have an unsaved description field in a card, when the user hits the Save button, please check if anyone else have made any updates. Maybe even provide a diff viewer for the user, so it's visible what the user have changed since the version this user had when he made the edit, but also what edits (an)other user(s) have made. But at least warn the user that someone else have made changes as well, if you really want to overwrite this.
- When entering (pasting) text into the Trello Card description field, please translate "\n" to newlines.
Best regards,
SvendK