What happened with "Stage/Unstage selected lines" in the branch/commit view?
When you select lines, the "stage/unstage hunk" buttons change into "stage/unstage lines". I take it the "selected" is implied.
I would have preferred separate buttons, especially since you cannot de-select lines without a CTRL+click.
Hey Roland,
I was the developer who worked on this recently, and sure enough there's a couple of bugs. I've just released 1.6.4 today which means you can actually de-select lines after you've selected them by clicking anywhere off of the diff area itself (where your source code lines are). I also plan to allow deselection when clicking on an already selected line, too.
As Seth has pointed out, we've made the buttons more context aware so it switches 'hunk' with 'lines'. This was in response to the user interface becoming too cluttered, however we're looking at improving this in the future with, perhaps, a configurable user interface.
Cheers
I just updated to 1.6.4 today and I don't have Stage/Unstage Hunk/Lines buttons at all. I can't find any way to stage at any finer granularity than per-file, which is a serious step backward in terms of workflow.
So you see the diff, but you don't see the stage/unstage buttons in the top right of each hunk in the diff?
Correct. I did some more fiddling around in the UI, and it looks like, for whatever reason, the stage/unstage line/hunk buttons only show up in "Split view staging", not in "Flow staging". The update to 1.6 put me into "Flow staging" automatically - I didn't even realize there was a way to get the old split view back, which I much prefer anyway. Still, this functionality shouldn't be dependent on the view layout of the staged file listing, should it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.