Hi,
We use Confluence & Crowd for our community. Users can register through Confluence in the Crowd directory. When the user authenticates through the Crowd directory, Crowd automatically adds a number of groups to the user, which allows the access general parts of our community. So far so good.
Now when a user registers that is an employee of one of our partners, this user is assigned a specific group which allows the user to access the partner specific part of our community. This is currently a manual action, based on the email address of the user that signed up.
I am looking for a way to automate this. Ideally I would like to define a rule or something in Crowd, that would say something like 'if a user with email domain X authenticates for the first time than automatically add group Y'. Optionally you could do this in Confluence.
I have seen this working on some sites that use Confluence, so maybe there is a plugin for this? I have not been able found it so far. Any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Geert