Is it possible to drop the newer svnkit library into Bamboo 2.5, or are the libraries not compatible?? I'd like to get the subversion checkout speed improvements that we see in evaluating bamboo 3.1.1
I never tried it, just felt it was too risky. We eventually upgraded to Bamboo 3.4.3 and the new svnkit is MUCH faster. In additional, we use 'svn export' as much as possible, only do a few checkouts in places that have to be checkouts.
I remember doing this with fisheye years ago. Sometimes it was just as easy as replacing all the jars with the newer ones. But I'm not sure with Bamboo, hence just a comment
Me too, I had to do it with Fisheye and it worked fine. Therefore my advice is: give it a try, it will probably work!
@Keenth, did you try updating your Bamboo 2.5 to newer svnkit library? If so did it help the checkout time? I am using Bamboo 2.3.1 and SVN checkout is really slow taking 4 hrs for one plan, native svn command line checkout only took 20 mins. and jsvn checkout took 1 hour.
If your 'svn checkout' commands are taking too long:
* Tune your SVN repo
* Move to a DVCS that's faster
* Refactor your repo so it is smaller. Think about using svn:externals for dependencies
* In the Plan's source repository there is an Advanced tab where you can change to do an 'svn export' instead of an 'svn checkout'. This works faster: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Specifying+the+Source+Repository+for+a+Plan
* Tune the network bandwith where your checkout occurs and see if you can improve it
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.