I understand that in Timeline, you can set it up so that you can see multiple Jira Projects in the one Timeline... regardless of the project you are currently in. Does anyone know how to do this??
Advanced Roadmaps are under the “Plans” menu, not on particular Project.
To change what project issues are included: Plans -> [Plan] -> Plan settings -> Issue sources -> Add another -> Project -> [Project]
You can add multiple projects. If you need Board-specific features (for example sprints), you can add those as well (even if they cover the same underlying projects).
If you can't use Plans then I'm guessing you could have a board with a filter that pulls in multiple Jira projects and view it in the Timeline. The Poor Man's Advanced Roadmap.
Remember that a board is driven by the filter, so make sure that your Jira projects are using common workflows and that the data is relevant, otherwise, it could get misleading.
Depending if you are on server or cloud will determine where the navigation of the settings. As other members has stated, you will need to configure your source data. Example is using filters to filter down to the projects you desire.
Here's the link to Atlassian documentation to get you started
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/change-how-advanced-roadmaps-displays-your-timeline-data/
Hi @Tina Pitsiavas ! I'm Rachel, a Product Marketing Manager at Atlassian, and I would love to learn more about your experience with Jira Software! Let me know if you have ~20 minutes for a quick chat and I can set up some time for us to chat via email. Looking forward to meeting you! 😊
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.