our company uses trello to manage purchases request of materials from our technicians and engineers and we would like some way to automatically add a random or sequencial number in each card to quickly identify each request when asked
@Compras welcome to the community!
Go to your Card and click on Share and you will see the card's sequential number:
Alternatively, you may use this free and open source app:
Hi @Compras
Welcome, I would suggest using either the card number of Card ID automation variables
https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/butler-variables/
You could have an automation that says,
When a card is added to the board, rename the card to "REQ{cardnumber} - {cardname}"
Thanks @Compras for being my 150th accepted answer 🎉
I have a weird thing about odd numbers and my number of accepted answers was on 149 for a few days, which was making me twitch... 😜
but I wanted to see it once in the board with out going inside the card.
I've been trying to set up an automatic system in Trello where a numeric custom field (let's call it 'Card#') increases by one every time a new card is added to the board, regardless of who adds it. However, I've encountered an issue where it always shows '1' despite setting up an action to increase it by one. Does anyone have any insights or ideas on how to make this work properly?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.