Hello,
On one of my machines, I have somehow hidden the panel which shows commit information, such as the commit hash and the full commit message. Here is the appearance with the commit panel, below the list of files:Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 9.17.15 AM.png
And here is the appearance without the commit panel:
Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 9.18.48 AM.png
I'm sure it's just a setting somewhere to bring the commit panel back, but I can't find it. Can anyone help me out?
Thanks!
See if there is an area at the bottom of the file list pane that you can drag upward.
Some other panels in SourceTree have had problems in the past with being able to be resized to zero width/height, and users have trouble finding how to re-expend, but it's typically just a matter of finding the right drag anchor along the edge of where the panel should be.
Full disclosure, I use SourceTree on Windows, which places the commit panel ABOVE the file list, and does NOT allow it to be collapsed to zero height.
Unfortunately, when I try to drag up from the bottom of the file list pane, it pulls up the "Command History" panel...
Huh, I don't even know what that is. Can you pull up from the bottom of THAT panel? Might as well try pulling down from the top as well.
Yeah, unfortunately not - I've tried pulling up and down from various panels without luck
I'm also getting this now.. anyone know how to show the commit info panel?!?! Soon as this occurred those two little loader animations (sort of cut off below) started displaying like that...
Screen-Shot-2015-07-28-at-3.12.13-PM.jpg
EDIT: Just got it back!! Started frantically clicking/dragging out to the right, from that top loader animation (sort of cut off in the screenshot) and viola the commit info panel came back. Oddly enough, now commit author photos no longer display.. the question mark icon displays where the author photo used to display. (shrug)
`defaults delete com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS` will be OK.
Yes. This works on a Mac.
Beware that this will reset ALL your preferences and you will need to re-login to your Atlassian account. It took me a while to get things back the way I like including Toolbar, Diff tool configuration, and many miscellaneous Preferences.
I'm using v2.3.1 (69) on a Mac and have the same problem, can't find a way to fix it. I tried re-installing SourceTree, it didn't help.
I can also confirm this works on Mac v2.3.1. You just log back in to your Atlassian account and all your repos are already back ready to go.
+1 it works, however all custom settings got reset (toolbar layout, for instance)
You must restore Source Tree to factory settings because it keeps some configuration files on your computer even if you uninstall it.
Based on JM's comment I wrote a little tool to reset SourceTree's UI. It's here if you want to download it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzWLwd_TES6XRno2cW82TVNvNTA/view?usp=sharing
Funny solution, but it helped. Thx.
This repeatedly happens to me, and there is a less-invasive fix (at least on the Mac version) than nuking the settings.
Put the mouse at the left edge of where the commit info panel should be. It's tricky because the sidebar resize splitter is in that spot too, so you will see a left-right-drag-cursor (like <-|->). But slowly move the mouse there and you will see a right-only drag cursor ( |-> ). That cursor will let you drag to resize the panel back into visibility.
It's hard to do because it is a difference of 1 pixel. Also this may not work on small monitors .
Sadly this bug is still present in 2.4.
Another alternative is to open the prefs file (in Xcode or any plist editor) and delete every row that starts with "NSSplitView...". (This can work if the panel comes back, but the internals of the panel are still fubar.)
image2016-12-8 10:37:9.png
I managed to restore this by going to Preferences, changing Window Restoration to "Use Mac OS for Window restoration", then restarting SourceTree. HTH!
Didn't work for me
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman.
This single command will only show the commit panel, and not delete any other SourceTree settings. Restart SourceTree after running the command.
defaults delete com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS "NSSplitView Subview Frames repowindow_LogViewDescSplitter"
No need for a tool, just run this command:
It will not reset any other SourceTree settings, just restore the commit panel.
I created a bug for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4364
@Fabian Ehrentraud thanks
Yes, very good!
Thank You! I fixed this issue by replicating what this command does. I edited the plist file "~/Library/Preferences/com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS.plist" manually and deleted the entry for "repowindow_LogViewDescSplitter".
On the Mac, I went to the Finder, opened the "Go" menu and selected "Go to Folder...". I pasted in the path to the file and it navigated right to the file. I double clicked on the file and it opened in Xcode where I could delete the entry.
I only deleted
NSSplitView Subview Frames mergesheet_LogViewLowerSplitter
and this fixed it for me.
This has been dup'ed to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREE-4055 which is in the 2.5 release. I currently have 2.4.1 on my Mac, and https://www.sourcetreeapp.com is offering 2.4.1a at the tie of writing.
Just in case you edit the plist in some text editor and SourceTree kicks you to login. The plist file is in binary form and saving after editing (like in TextMate) will actually corrupt the plist format in many text editors.
The plist file should be edited in a plist editor, like Xcode.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.