We're moving Bamboo from Server2012 to Server2022. I'm following the Move instructions, installed the same version, but the Import fails:
2023-08-23 23:11:02,977 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-6] [InstanceSecretStorage] Generating instance cipher key...
2023-08-23 23:11:02,978 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-6] [InstanceSecretStorage] Securely storing instance key...
2023-08-23 23:11:03,061 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-6] [InstanceSecretStorage] Generating instance initialisation vector...
2023-08-23 23:11:03,072 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-6] [InstanceSecretStorage] Instance cryptography initialised.
2023-08-23 23:11:03,090 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-6] [SecretEncryptionServiceImpl] Can't decrypt data. It's possible data was encrypted by different cipher. Run Bamboo with system property -Dbamboo.security.decryption.ignore.errors=true to ignore this error
2023-08-23 23:11:03,092 WARN [http-nio-8085-exec-6] [BambooStAXListImportStrategy$4$1] Exception during processing crowdMemberships.membership #2
com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.bouncycastle.crypto.InvalidCipherTextException: pad block corrupted
I've tried copying the cipher file, but the whole configuration directory gets wiped out on Import anyway. If I return the cipher file just after Import starts, I then get:
2023-08-24 09:41:25,342 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-7] [XmlMigrator] Importing with mapper: com.atlassian.bamboo.migration.stream.crowd.MembershipMapper@457247c5
2023-08-24 09:41:25,344 INFO [http-nio-8085-exec-7] [XmlMigrator] Reading file:
\installers\export_bambootwo_90304_20230823.zip\db-export\crowdMemberships.xml
2023-08-24 09:41:25,991 FATAL [http-nio-8085-exec-7] [SecretEncryptionServiceInternalImpl]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to read cipher data for 0. Reason: Database part of instance key is unavailable
The Move instructions are old - is there a newer process?
Thanks.