Hi all,
We're just getting started with Advanced Roadmaps and I'm looking for some advice / recommendations / best practices when setting up plans with 20+ teams that are working on 10+ products at any one time.
Looking at the performance recommendations at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-improve-performance-for-advanced-roadmaps-1168857152.html it advises not using more than 4 issue sources, so configuring a plan to use 20+ scrum boards doesn't seem like it's going to be viable. What we've done instead is create a single scrum board that looks across all 20+ teams and just 1 product and this seems reasonably performant (it's not great, but is usable), but the capacity planning piece is a mess because it's duplicating every sprint for every team.

Thinking we might have to set things up with:
- A separate plan for every team to do the capacity management piece
- A separate plan for every product that pulls in all team (but forget trying to do capacity management on that plan)
- A program that pulls in every product plan
Does that sound sensible?
Every demo I've seen of Advanced Roadmaps has very simple team/project structures (I think the max I've seen is 4 teams on one plan and they were all working on just 1 product), but we're a little bit more complicated than that and we're having some issues figuring out how to make Advanced Roadmaps work for us.
Thanks,
Andrew.