I want to move a board in a free workspace to another workspace that is paid. However, the Settings are grayed out. How can I move this board?
Hi @Spencer Gordon
Welcome to community!
Honestly i couldn't find the answer anywhere so I asked ChatGPT and hopefully it helps:
If the settings for moving a Trello board are grayed out, it could be due to a variety of reasons. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and possibly move your board:
Permissions: Ensure that you have the necessary permissions on both the source and destination workspaces. You need to be an admin of the board to change its settings.
Membership: Make sure you are a member of both the free workspace (where the board currently resides) and the paid workspace (where you want to move the board).
Board Limit: The paid workspace might have reached its board limit. Even though it's a paid workspace, there might be limits based on the subscription tier. Verify the number of boards in the workspace and consider upgrading if necessary.
Check the Plan: Some features, including moving boards between workspaces, might be limited to certain premium plans. Ensure that the destination workspace is on a plan that supports this feature.
Clear Browser Cache: Sometimes, browser issues can prevent certain features from working correctly. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then reload Trello and see if the option becomes available.
Alternate Method: If you still can't move the board directly, consider creating a copy of the board in the paid workspace and then archiving or closing the old board in the free workspace.
Menu
More
Copy Board
Contact Support: If none of the above solutions work, it might be best to reach out to Trello support. They can provide guidance specific to your situation.
After you've successfully moved your board, make sure to inform your team members of the change so they know where to access the board in the future.
This is not factual @Clark Everson please hold off on sharing ChatGPT answers that you can't confirm, as it might lead to more confusion and doesn't really help the user. If you want to raise a question in the community leaders slack, check out the the #trello-leaders channel! There are a handful of folks in there that will help jump in.
@Spencer Gordon welcome welcome!! 🎉 to move a board to another workspace, click the three dots in the top right corner of a board, then click on ... More, then Settings, and then you'll be able to select a new workspace from the dropdown! Like this!
I have noticed this happening more frequently in the past 2 months or so. I will say that at least @Clark Everson stated that it was a ChatGPT answer, most don't...@Brittany Joiner ChatGPT clearly hasn't read your book yet?! 😂
Nice try.
But look at my screenshot. Change Workspace is not an option in the free account.
It appears I need to Copy the Board to the workspace I want to move it to.
I will say this..... the ChatGBT was closer in a solution. I discovered on my own that for a FREE account I'll need to COPY the board over to the other workspace.
@Spencer Gordon are you an admin on the board? You'll probably need to be an admin of the board and part of both workspaces.
I'm the Admin on both Boards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.