If a task is not completed by the due date set, will Trello email the members to whom the task is assigned to let them know that it is overdue?
Hi @iteptrello
You could send a notification reminding the user from Butler (Automation)?
How to use Butler is listed in detail on this page, including available due date automation options
Ste
Thank you!
No worries
If this helped resolve your query, could you accept the answer?
Cigdem from Hipporello here. You can choose to get notified once the task is due or hours/days before the due date. You can do it right on the card > Dates where you choose a due date for the card.If you need to define custom dates and be emailed, say, 2 days after it's due, then you need Trello's automation as Stephen has mentioned.
I hope this helps,
Cigdem
Hi - I tried playing around with the due date automations (very cool), however, I don't see sending a notification as an action. Is there a way to set up the automation to send an email to the team member that their task is overdue?
Thanks again : )
Hi Cigdem
Thank you! I definitely appreciate being able to notify people/myself before the task is due, however, I don't see an option to send them an email when a task is overdue. If you have any insights into that, I would appreciate them.
Thanks again
Hi again @iteptrello,One option in the dropdown that opens under Dates is "At time of due date". It works for us, it's not customizable though. Just one email once a task falls due. For more, I'd proceed with automations.
Hi Cigdem,
Thanks so much - appreciate your time : ) It does seem like automations are the best option for this.
Karen
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.