How can I switch the language from french to english?
WHat language is used is controlled by the system language priority (System Preferences > Language and Text > Re-order list). You can't set it independently of the system preference right now unless you use an alternate launcher like Language Switcher: http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/
That's a bit desapointed, but at least the LanguageSwitcher soft is easy to use... Thanks at lot for fast reply!
I'd strongly recommend enabling such an option soon.
I found that many of the translations for VCS commands like commit, push, pull etc. only serve to confuse people. Therefore I like to have my VCS software interface in English, even though I don't want to have all my system in English.
As this shouldn't be that difficult to implement I would also rather not install some additional software to work around this deficiency.
So far I found SourceTree to be one of the best graphical git clients for windows. Keep up the good work - and make the interface language variable, please :-)
I agree with thpfaff.
Check out for Windows or Mac, resp.:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/264635/change-language-to-english
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/258351/language-preferences
This was so easy! Thanks a lot!
Thank you! I was getting crazy with the "Zweig" (=Branch) and "Zusammenführen" (=Merge). I mean who needs git in a different language than english? All these action names are made-up terms so a translation is like translating "Sourcetree" to "Quellbaum"
This is the most stupid feature I've seen : why on earth do you depend on system language preference ? You can be french on windows but just have commit in english.
Worst of all even when setting windows to english as default doesn't make sourcetree switch to english
Tools>Options and you find Language field in general tab.
Best regards
Who's the hell this idea. It's drive me crazy, the newest version still not have language option. It's all depend on windows language.
Guys, the question was asked in 2011.
It is 2018!!!
Is there a clear answer to how switch interface language (back to English)?
In other languages all sprint jargon is confusing!
Cannot relate what I am doing to SCRUM metodology $#%&$@(%
---------
Actually, after backing up the database (local) through XML, is it possible to reinstall the product? And in case the data is overritten, resore the XML?
Doesn't work!
The imported data include the system language, so I restored the previous language (french) on top of english (during installation)
same as with office, every patch they move around some settings.
as with Aug. 2019, this option can now be found via Tools -> Options -> General -> Repo Settings -> Language
and not in the Misc part
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.