With some automated build systems I've used in the past I've seen plans and configurations as separate concepts. With Bamboo they are one and the same.
What I mean is having some way of applying multiple configurations to the same build plan, in order to build the same plan with different compilation settings and/or for different platforms. I find this incredibly cumbersome with Bamboo at the momement, and it doesn't scale well for a large set of configurations.
What I would like to see is a way of specifying configurations separately from plans. Each configuration has a set of agent requirements and a set of key-value properties which can be substituted in a plan. Each (configurable) plan has a set of enabled configurations. The combination of plans and configuration is equivalent to the current notion of a plan. In my mind it sounds quite simple and straight forward, but I think there might be some issues with how to deal with plans triggering other plans (e.g., either by triggering when all configurations have completed, or triggering equivalent configurations in dependent plans).
Are there any plugins or planned features that can achieve this?