Hi,
When I create a subtask from the main card into a new list.
the information in the customfields is not included and do not see an option for this.
how do I get this information in the subtask card?
Hi @QC QC
Are you creating the subtasks by using the "convert checklist item to card" automation?
Another Question.
How do I do this;
When a Parent card in list project is archived. -> archive all child cards
HI Mike,
I have been following your tutorial on parent-child card linking.
But think i need a more elaborated explanation.
especially on how to implement this in on my board.
I will check/add the "convert checklist item to card"
To my constant annoyance, it isn't easy to lookup custom field values from a linked card. However, in your case, I think there is a solution...
Luckily this is a scenario I have had before too...
It is a relatively tricky one, however...
Here is the automation:
Note, you have to have the condition "when an item not starting with https://trello.com/c" to stop an infinite loop.
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the fast response.
I have found this way as well. Not the way I would like to see it.
But the main info is visible.
On the parent-child tutorial im facing a issue and I do not know why it is not working for me.
I can delete from the parent card the task and it will delete the child card in the "to do" list
but when I delete the child in "to do" card it still shows up on the parent card.
When a card in list "Project" is archived, for each item linked in checklist "Subtasks", archive the card
Where do I find "the for each item linked in checklist "Subtasks"
In the Cascade menu I only see "for each card linked or for each checklist item...
I did this and it seem to work;
when a card in list "Project" is archived, for each card linked from an item in checklist "SubTasks", archive the card
I need your help again.
After the child card are moved to the done list. I have created a action that the parent card moves from the project list to the invoice list.
How do I get all the child card to move as well?
I think the first automations would be:
1)
When the checklist "Subtasks" is completed, move the card to the list "Invoice"
2)
When a card with the checklist "Subtasks" completed is moved to the list invoice, for each item linked in checklist "Subtasks", move the card to the list "Invoice"
Do you really want the subtasks to go to the Invoicing list though? In setups like this, I would have an automation that archives the subtasks when parent card moves to "Invoice Paid"
I was thinking the same thing.
but after some discussions here we decided to keep the subtasks for the invoice.
The parent card contains the entire scope of the project. and than be dived in smaller sub projects which need to be billed once that particular job has been completed.
a parent card can stay for a long period of time.
Is there a guide on creating automations? It all seems pretty straight forward but I notice there are alot of extra things you can do like "linking cards" which is not really being explained.
thus I keep coming back to the forum for answers but this can take a lot of time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.