We are running Atlassian Bamboo Data Center version 9.2.1 build 90201 and most of our build plans use Gradle. We have been using the Groovy Tasks for Bamboo plugin since we began using Gradle which has been working great. The plugin is for Server and they do not have a Data Center version. We recently upgraded our remote agent count on Bamboo from 10 to 25, but we are not able to upgrade the plugin license from 10 to 25 agents. The last email from their support is unclear as to the future of the plugin, but it was clear that they couldn't support it now since it was a Server Only plugin.
We need to move from this plugin to either another plugin (which I cannot easily find) or to a native Bamboo task like Script.
I can run the ./gradlew command in Script, but I am not finding any direction on how to change the JDK version. The agent is running on JDK 11, but the code requires JDK 8. The code is being upgraded to use JDK 17. All three JDKs are installed on the agents and the capabilities have been configured for the agents.
How do I change the JDK version for the task using a defined JDK capability?
Is there an alternative Gradle plugin?
Is the Script Task the best choice for this without a plugin?