Hi,
I'm starting to test this interesting and promising new tool because I wanted to see what a true native Atlassian Product Roadmap tool could offer regarding Jira integration.
And so far, this is still the big question and limitation I see. Indeed here is my use case, which has been working with other similar tools.
- we use different Jira servers and projects to manage lots of engineering products development
- the feature requests for each of those products are inside those projects
- other tools allow us to synchronise those (using a filter search) between the Jira project and the Roadmap tool workspace/space/project managing the idea/features...
- on the Roadmap tool, we can enrich the request with insights, RICE scores, and customer information, .... and those values remain in the Roadmap tool. But the rest of the Jira fields are in sync with the development project.
But in this tool, it looks like I only have three options :
- create manually new ideas
- import from a bulk list, but then those issues are MOVED. And this is working only for the same server.
- import a CSV list: but in this case, there are no links back to the issues
So this means that we cannot "synchronise" our feature requests with the ideas and have to "create" them all by hand. And this is not what I was expecting and not what we want.
In the past and even today, I have been developing Javascript scripts with Google Sheets and Jira and using Zapier to synchronise some fields that are not synced with our current roadmap tool. I'm not even sure if it's possible here. But if it is, I have to say that's not wanted. The principal value expected was to avoid such custom development and get a native integration.
But I'm new to this tool; maybe someone knows better or found a solution.