Hi everyone! We’re back with another month of exciting JWM news.
Last month, we shared the first course of a series on Jira Work Management. Now, the entire learning path has launched!
Go from the basics, to best practices on how to get organized, to expert tips that help you make your work more efficient and effective.
Let’s learn!
🎓 Already completed the learning path? Share your badge in the comments!
When it’s time to scale and collaborate across the organization, bring in the work you’re doing in Trello directly into Jira Work Management.
With our new import flow designed specifically for Trello, you can visualize your work in Jira with a few clicks.
Saved filters are officially here.
If you come back to the same custom filters each time you need to drill down to your team’s most relevant tasks, you can now save them for quick and easy access.
The best part? All of your teammates will be able to use those saved filters too.
Log in to see the updates and let us know what you think this month! We can’t wait to hear your feedback.
@Abby Stiris This is awesome and so timely too. A question, I looked at that import and Asana is listed as coming soon, how soon with that be? The reason I am asking is because we are about to migrate out of Asana in the next few weeks.
Thanks @Mikael Sandberg! I should have more details soon, but in the meantime do you mind if I reach out directly to learn more?
Absolutely! I'm more than happy to tell you more about it.
I too am very interested in any updates on an Asana importer if they exist. Thanks for the great update @Abby Stiris
Thanks @Phil Parent! Definitely will keep everyone in the loop. Could I reach out to you as well for more details on what you're looking for?
Saved filters! YES! 💥
Definitely!
I think the import functionality is a much needed to help any transition into JWM. So happy to see this & the saved filters is great.
Will the ability to save Jira WF filters come to the JIRA app anytime soon?
@Barry Kinner just to make sure I understand, do you mean the mobile app? I can definitely share that feedback, thank you!
Yes, sorry should have been clearer.
I do not see the saved filters in any of our JWM projects. Is this something that needs to be activated?
@Colin Ostrom you'll want to select a field to filter on, and then the "Save filter" option will appear!
Okay thank you! One last question. Is there a way to keep the sorting? I have selected a few options for the filter but the sorting (for example most recently updated) does not seem to stick to a filter.
Thanks for that feedback, @Colin Ostrom! I'll share with the team
@Abby Stiris - will importing from Trello also import comments? Or only the description?
@Hannah Rayer yes, comments will be included! Thanks for your question
Saved filters are great.
I'm unsure about how the set of displayed columns that show in a filter is stored -- with the filter query, or somehow separate.
When I change the columns in one filter, it seemed to change them in a second filter.
Is that possible? Or am I just confused?
Hi @Peter Dobson
Displayed columns on views (board, list, calendar, timeline) are independent of your saved filters. i.e. toggling a saved filter or creating/deleting a saved filter will not affect what columns are displayed in your views.
Filters in general will filter by fields whether or not they are displayed in your views. This applies to your saved filters as well.
Hopefully that helps! please let me know if there's anything else I can help with
Hi,
This is a great addition and makes Timeline view in a work management project that bit more useable.
It would still be great if we could filter for tasks under a specific epic. I can't find a way to do this in my project timeline view.
Thanks
Lawrence
Thanks for update. It's really appreciated.
Wonderful feature.
@abby - Thanks for the update on Asana importer. What would be the best way to stay in the loop?
Thanks everyone! @Simon Lessard I post updates here every month so the Community will be the first to know 🙂
Thanks @Abby Stiris for the saved filter option. They appear to show for everyone by default which seems like it may get cluttery over time. Do you know if a sharing mechanism is in the roadmap to reduce clutter? I love my filters but no one else wants to see them. Related question, do you think the ability to filter by JQL will end up in Work Management projects? Thanks!
Hey @Mike PrillGlad to hear you're liking the saved filters!Saved filters in JWM are scoped to projects rather than users. The intention here is that a lot of JWM customers wanted to have filters that their whole team can use (i.e. standup filters, date filters etc.)
The downside is, as you rightly point out, it gets a bit cluttered. We introduced the ability to "star" or favourite your filters to overcome this - by starring filters you can create a personal filter list.
There's no plans to introduce a sharing mechanism like global Jira filters at this point in time. I can't speak to whether filtering by JQL will end up in board, list, calendar and timeline, but you can currently filter by JQL in the issues tab.
Hope this helps,
Ben - Product Manager, JWM
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.