I'm leading a new economic experiment with money (details here: https://youtu.be/7D7TjfLHNJQ) and I am looking at cheap / open source solutions to ensure 1 account per person. We may be able to use API services for 100 pts govt. ID for some countries like Australia but that cant be a global solution. Additonally, due to data protection laws and hacks, we don't really need personal information but for the experiment to succeed, we'll need to ensure 1 person has only 1 account. Is there any solution to this?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You do not have any requirement to do this under data protection laws, so I'm not sure why you mention this.
You can not achieve it anyway, as you can not prevent people having more than one email address. In fact, it is illegal in most countries to force people to have only one.
Atlassian accounts are created by, and accessed with, a single email address, but there's no way to stop someone creating many Atlassian accounts with different email addresses (I've got around 40, but the only significantly active ones are the personal one I use here in the Community, and my Adaptavist one)
Thanks Nic, I'll need to work out alternatives then
You won't find any alternatives - you can't stop people having more than one account.
The best you can do is have your people administrators do checks on the accounts before you add them into your systems.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.