At Advanced Roadmaps plan, I wanted to expose a field from our jira issue, which is a custom field. I don't seem to be able to find it in the field search.
Hi @Sam
Go to your plans settings and then add the custom field you want in the custom field section under source data. Then back on your plan page, click on the fields drop down and add the custom field you want.
I know Adv Roadmaps has its own Custom Field capability, but I thought it is layered and kept separately from the jira issues custom fields. Is it not?
Hi @Sam - Advanced Roadmaps has the ability to show custom fields that have been set up in Jira, but it doesn't have a separate set of custom fields to the Jira issue custom fields.
You can take a look at our documentation for viewing custom fields in Advanced Roadmaps for more info on getting them displayed.
Something to note is that Advanced Roadmaps only supports the following custom field types and any others are unfortunately not possible to show in your plan:
team
checkbox
date picker
user picker (single user)
number
radio button
single-choice select
multiple-choice select
single-line text
URL (read-only)
Cheers,
Daniel
To prefix, I am trying this on Data Center v9.x.
In my project, I have some custom fields already defined in the jira issues, e.g. "Planned Effort".
In the plan, I clicked on "Fields" to try to find it for display. Typing in the search box, nothing matches.
Do I need to add a new custom field in Plans when my jira issue already has that custom field?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.