password I enter on Sourcetree is correct and works for a few minutes but then i get asked to reenter it. And yes I tell it to remember the password. this started happening after I updated to the most recent version and wow is it annoying.
I am having the same problem. I noticed it when I upgraded to Windows 10. I can't say for sure it's because of the upgrade to the OS.
For what it's worth, I can get it to stop temporarily by clicking the "Show hosted repositories" icon at the bottom left when you open source tree. Then "Edit Accounts", click the account and "Edit", then "Change Password".... It will eventually drop the password again. It's incredibly frustrating, and I am about to drop sourcetree and possibly Bitbucket due to this, if its not fixed.
Having the same issue, anyone find a solution?
I started having this problem too when I upgraded to SourceTree 2.1 and yes it's very annoying
(I'm on El Capitan 10.11.2)
This worked for me (i'm on Windows).
Go to View > Show Hosted Repositories > Edit Accounts > find the relevant account and click 'Edit' > Change Password.
Hopefully it works for some other poor souls out there!
I have the same problem connecting to Visual Studio Online.
Same problem here! It's infuriating.
After tthe Sourcetree last upgrade in MAY I can't log in Sourcetree anymore - I'm on Windows 8.
I've done everything, but I coldn't find an answer.
I've tried Go to View > Show Hosted Repositories > Edit Accounts > find the relevant account and click 'Edit' > Change Password.
The system aproves my Atlassian PWD but gives an error message after. "Please enter your Bitbucket/GitHub username" .
But from June "Atlassian account is coming to Bitbucket!" - eveyone has received this mail, so it's supposed to be only one account for all the Atlassian app.
How can this bug be solved, anyone found a solution?
I'm in a conversation with a support rep about this, and it sounds like it's caused by not having an explicit username in the url for your repository. Unfortunately, for private subrepositories, that's just not an option.
Thanks! It worked for this poor soul out there!
Sourcetree seems to have some problems importing old config files from a previous Version.Changing stuff in "Edit Accounts ..." / Hosted Repositories seems to make Sourcetree rewrite some of it and solves the Problem.Also try to change the preferred Protocol... that did the trick for me.
First time and ~a year ago I had this problem I started deleting Stuff in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree
I cant remember exactly what I did back then, but I think deleting Accounts.json (and reentering the data in Sourcetree) worked.
This did not fix the problem for me. I click "show hosted repos" and nothing ever loads in the window. I added my Bitbucket account info, again, for the 15th time, and Sourcetree is still asking me to authenticate. Pathetic. For now, I'll revert to version 1.8
The fix for me was to install git on the computer and use that instead of the embedded version. After a git pull in cmd and entering the credentials there, I can now work in SourceTree without it asking for password all the time.
I removed my user name in authentication tab and then pulled, got prompted for the password and I clicked the box that says save the password on the prompt and then it worked..
same problem, windows 10. tried everything.., HELP!!!!
Asking password again and again since i changed my credentials from Atlassian site. I reverted my credentials back to old ones and pull and push work fine without asking password but sourcetree still asks password for nothing (2 times if i cancel).
Thanks, This worked for me as well.
I use windows insider and have same problem still....ask login, ask login, ask login...!
I also resolved the problem by removing the map:
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree
The same problem when updating to 2.3.1.
It helped to me to delete bitbucket account in Tools -> Options -> Authentication and then to edit %AppData%\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\passwd (in Notepad++) and to delete any unused/wrong username password pairs.
After deleting one for bitbucket it stopped asking for password.
try using OAuth with connect account
on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 I changed the authentication mode from SSH to OAuth to Basic / HTTPS and it worked.
Me too... :-(
Same problem here on Win 10, Sourcetree 2.4.8.0. I've treid all of the suggestions here and the password prompt still pops up all of the time. It's incredibly frustrating.
Same here, I have tried everything and updated to latest version, can't use sourcetree atm
Me too!
Guys, Please try this as well. SourceTree is having the Embedded version of Git. By default, SourceTree will not use System installed Git, instead it will be using the embedded git. This credential-cache problem will not be there in latest Git version. I'd suggest to upgrade your embedded git version of sourcetree and configure sourcetree to use system git instead of embedded git.
How to do that?
1. In SourceTree, Navigate to Tools > Options > Git
2. Look for the Git Version section
3. Observe what version of Git System has and What version of Git embedded in sourcetree
4. Switch to the system git version (if that is latest)
5. Once done, restart the sourcetree and try again the login, this time it will not ask you again
@jnaylor-traka - Please try my detailed suggestion given below. Update git version used by sourcetree
This saved my day.
had the same. it wasn't really source tree issue, but i fixed it by removing httpusepath = true line
from:
> git config --global --edit
I was having the same problem having upgraded to SourceTree 2.7 from 2.6 on Mac OS High Sierra and this solution finally solved my issue (I didn't even have to log out of SourceTree)
Well here's what I did to fix the problem. Incidentally, I had first updated to the latest version of SourceTree (2.6.6.0) and that didn't help.
my enviroment v2.6.6.0 (windows 7 32bit)
Atlassian login popup dialog always on desktop!
i updated git version.
now ... dialog popup going ...
This is the right answer for the problem. I am on Windows
Great.. perfect solution for my problem..
This is what I discovered (after searching for 'sourcetree' in my drive C:):
Hey Guys, i found the solution..uninstalled sourcetree..
problems went gone.
wow, almost 3 years later And I have been having this problem on and off... Atlassian. I have been patient. Get it together and fix this nonsense. You are supposed to help with software development not make it frustrating.
Every time SourceTree asks me if I would recommend to a friend, I think about how many times I have to log in over and over and over before I answer. How can a basic thing like remembering credentials be so broken?
OK, so here's a follow-up. The problem returned for me. I tried my original solution and the problem still persisted. I then noticed in the details view of the Pull window a message relating to use of two-factor authentication. Specifically, if you've got two-factor auth enabled then you need to use an app password. There was a confluence link in the details and I went to it. That led me through instructions on creating an app password. One thing that was not mentioned is the required permissions to grant the app password, so I just granted it all permissions. After I went through this whole process I still had problems. But, I was confident I was on the right track. I then completely uninstalled Sourcetree (along with all lingering related directories after the uninstall). I then installed the latest version of Sourcetree and specified the app password. So far, this approach seems to have fixed the issue. I hope this helps someone else.
This helped me! Thank you.I've tried lot's of things but removing "/AppData/*" is the only useful action.
Thanks, that worked for me 👍
worked for me too
None of the steps above worked for me. The underlying problem has to do with the store manager for Windows. Please follow this blog to update the credentials manager.
https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-solve-the-github-error-fatal-httprequestexception-encountered/
After following those steps make sure you set the latest version of the credentials manager.
git config --global credential.helper manager
same
For OAuth in Windows 10 fixed with these 4 steps:1. Create an app password in bitbucket under Settings > App Passwords.Note copy the password to notepad as it only shows once.2. In File Explorer, delete the passwd file in the %AppData%\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\passwd file.
3. Add account with OAuth again. Two different password prompts will show.
4. Use your user name and app password for both.
Came across this same issue and multiple posts too. So consolidated my research and fix at one place https://stackoverflow.com/a/52884626/5107365. Summary is, problem solved when I used the same password for Atlassian's account address(which is the Gmail ID I used to OAuth to my bitbucket user), as that of my Gmail ID.
Just upgraded to 3.0.8 and my screen is quickly covered in login dialogs. Please fix this issue.
Hi Ryan,
Please see my above post about choosing to system git.
In this case, you need to upgrade your system git to latest and configure source tree to use system git instead of its embedded git.
I've briefed those how to steps in above post.
Thanks,
Chandru
This did solve the multi-login problem, but introduced a number of others since Sourcetree apparently doesn't support 2.19.1. Downgrading to 2.19.0, hopefully I can get this back working soon.
haha XD
I used to give a 10/10 reply every time. Now I just look at that survey and think the exactly same thing...
I can no longer get into my account... its broken
lol.. I am also going to do the same. www.skydevelopers.net
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.