How do i get started on JIRA and confluence on my first week on the job?
Hi @stanleye87,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
I would start by checking out all the free trainings that Atlassian University is offering and go from there. Hopefully your company also have some initial documentation for you to read.
THIS POST PERTAINS TO CONFLUENCE ONLY - and is in addition to @Mikael Sandberg's advice.
Welcome to Confluence @stanleye87! This is a life changing moment for you. Take a deep breath and survey your surroundings - you'll want to remember this in the years to come!
Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. I highly recommend you take the Confluence Fundamentals course, which is free, recently revamped, and an excellent primer for how to use Confluence.
Atlassian University
I also recommend you create a personal Space in your Confluence instance and just start playing there with creating, editing, formatting and using macros for pages and content - hands on experience is the best experience to learn from!
A few more resources:
Confluence Overview
How to Create a Culture of Knowledge Sharing
These playlists from the new Confluence YouTube channel are great options:
Getting Started With Confluence
Mastering Confluence
@Matt Reiner _K15t_ also creates amazing Confluence tutorial videos on a variety of topics on K15t's YouTube channel.
And of course, keep coming back here with questions and we'll be here to support you on your journey!
Hi Mikael,
Thanks for your response. It means a lot to me. I'll look out for the free trainings and then take at baby steps.
Wow! Thanks @Andy Gladstone
@stanleye87 I agree with the above comments as well and that should help get you up and running quickly.
I was wondering what your role is with your company as that might suggest where you focus your learning initially.
@Danno
Thanks for your response.
I currently work as a BA intern for my company and would appreciate more insights as this is a new environment for me.
Regards
Welcome to the Atlassian community @stanleye87
@stanleye87 I think you should focus on anything user related to start with. I don't want to discourage you from learning more about the tools but you won't be able to "experiment" (try things out) with it without having admin permissions. That said, if you are working for a small company then you might be able to talk to the admin to get some more insight into how it works.
Good luck and keep asking questions.
Many thanks @Danno
Thank you @Sagar Mahajan
Welcome @stanleye87 I recommend this article first, it is very helpful ---> 🗝 Unlock the power of the Atlassian Community 💥 - Atlassian Community
Also as a BA on many projects, I recommend looking at templates in Confluence. I like the product development templates. I used one for capturing requirements. Product Requirements Template | Atlassian You can modify the template for your own needs.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.