Does anyone else want to to share successes or lessons learned with Jira Software as a PM function separate from software development??
I could share a few observations about Jira for project management:
I still prefer Jira Software over Jira Work Management for non-dev project management because JS is much more versatile, supported and scalable than JWM.
Thanks Kalin we're expanding use of Jira software across teams and the hierarchy we have available in the standard product is fine for now, we can see the value of additional layer in Premium but it's not holing us back so far,
Timelines and Kanban have been the most helpful to date and we're trying some JQL filters to create views across projects in boards for collaboration purposes,
Time tracking is where I would like to know how much value you get out based on what data/criteria you need to enter as an analyst so the picture is clear higher up....its not obvious to me how to make that leap and exploit the tool vs using stand-ups and other comms to assess workload.
I'd be keen to know of your experience
Thanks
One of my favorite topics @Alex Saunders
I've always been using Jira as a PM tool and am stumbling across more use cases and possible usage scenarios.
In this article, I described a bit of the Jira usage in our Marketing team
Thanks Teodora I haven't used components at all so this could be a useful first step, your illustration of progress is very appealing.
Thanks for the article!
Hi Kalin,
What reporting tool do you recommend?
I created a project for procurement management, and it has been working well using Kanban. JWM seemed less complex to the team, but reporting has been a challenge. I've been using the filters and the system's dashboard itself, but I'd appreciate it if you have a more complete tool to recommend.Also, do you recommend any time tool for tracking progress through time tracking?
Thank you very much!
I would love a calendar feature in Jira Software like you have in Work Management and if it was something like Smartsheet it would be even better
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.