When we can expect to see SourceTree for Windows?
There's no definite plan for a port just yet, but there may be one in the future if enough people are interested.
Guess what? Enough people were interested.
http://blog.sourcetreeapp.com/2013/02/14/sourcetree-for-windows-beta-signup/
To be honest... on Windows we already have quite a lot of git clients. Concentrate on Mac so that there are no trade offs made during porting and when trying to develop single code for both platform.
Take a look at Tower. You already have quite some catching up to do on Mac.
SourceTree works with more than just Git. We use Mercurial at my work, and I'm jealout that Mac colleagues can use this great piece of software! I'm stuck with TortoiseHG, which doesn't work as nicely as SourceTree
SourceTree is beautiful. There are no good free git clients for windows. Tower is expensive. Me and my people would love SourceTree on windows.
Maybe since Atlassian is already giving it away for free it could be open-sourced to allow for outside participation in the port.
I only know one excellent client for Windows (Linux and OS X) - SmartGit. Tower is not expensive, just like SmartGit isn't. They are absolutely worth the price. Those who can't pay 100 bucks for a daily use tool, should question their job.
SourceTree is definitely better than anything I've found for Windows so far. There are loads of clients out there but they just don't feel very polished. They look and feel like 1998. We'd love to see SourceTree ported!
Definitely interested in a Windows port. SourceTree is by far my favorite Git and HG client on OS X, and while Windows has some nice clients a good cross-vcs client is absent.
For Windows, try SmartGit. It's not as visually polished as SourceTree but it is a very effective tool and the development team are very responsive, turning around my bug within hours.
Adding my request for a Windows port, please. Best git client I've used, bar none.
Edit: I hope you see the analytics for this page and it's 5k+ views are google referrals for "sourcetree windows" - and I'm hoping it's enough to warrant a port.
Most of my Git work is actually hobby, not job, and I have a hard time justifying $100 for yet another tool to do that, no matter how good it is. I would gladly pay them something like $20-30, but not $100. Expensive is a relative measure, I guess :-)
SmartGit is free for hobby use, IMHO Tower isn't. BTW, I don't need SourceTree for Windows any more because of SmartGit.
Also very interested in a Windows port; need to use Mecurial at work but there's any graphical client with good history browsing support
Please, port SourceTree to Windows and GNU/Linux!!!
Thanks,
Eric
Going to continue commenting on this because come on Atlassian...SourceTree makes Git a pleasure to use and we need it on Windows.
Linux would be nice as well, but understandably that'd be low priority.
Please respond with a git client on Windows with feature parity with SourceTree on OSX. I would love to use something that's as good as it.
+1 == Interest + 1
@Jim: This whould be indeed the best solution, pushing SourceTree OpenSource on bitBucket!
c'mon Atlassian, think enterprise, there is no Mac or Windows only ecosystem, developers love and have to choose different workstations for different projects!
Glad you like SourceTree and thanks for the enthusiasm. We are definitely listening, but that's all I can say at this point.
I do not use GUI clients as a general rule. But the only one I've actually thought was any good for a DVCS was SourceTree. I'm a hard-core Mercurial person myself. I show up in the commit log. :-) This tool works well for both though, and makes the fact that git has such an awful command line interface much less irritating.
I would like us to use it at work. We're currently using SmartGIT. But this tool is much better. Unfortunately, all my co-workers use Windows or Linux. :-)
Pleaseeee port to Windows!!!!!!
+1
It would be great to have SourceTree for Windows! I'm very interested in having it if you'd make a port.
Nicolae
I want
One of the reasons I prefer Mercurial is the (IMO) better tooling for it on Windows. Having this tool on Windows would level out the playing field and allow me to work with both types of repos from a single place.
Myself and a few guys i work with are all interested in a Windows version. Would love to see a port!
I'd love to see SourceTree on Windows.
Try smartGit.
I did.
+1 for a Windows port of SourceTree!
Then you surely have noticed that smartGit and SourceTree are nearly as good as the other. For me smartGit became a very good/better alternative to SourceTree, especially because smartGit can handle our SSH connections smoothly which I could not manage to get running with SourceTree (need to stick to local clones). The newest smartGit preview version also supports interactive rebase and a way to edit the index which I haven't found in SourceTree so far.
As superficial as that may sound initially, I only looked at the interface.
I use git bash normally, but need a UI for complicated merges.
This could really use a Windows/Linux port.
Just figured I would add my support to this product. There isn't a windows git gui tool that can compete with source tree.
I would like to see and even to contribute to have a Windows port too ...
I just can't help but using SourceTree. I have thrown away all of my other tools and repos and switched over to bitbucket.org too. I would LOVE a Windows version of SourceTree, as the best feature I'm missing right now is the GitFlow implementation.
Please, please, make a Windows version too.
+1 for windows version!
+1 I'd love to see this as well. I love using SourceTree on my Mac, and am sad when I'm on a Windows machine and can't use it
+1 , used to work on mac for years, now im stuck on windows, lucky me i dont have a problem with cli
A linux version of SourceTree would be awesome! I'm fine with waiting until the Windows version is released, but I would love to see SourceTree for linux, even if it is only officially supported on a few distributions officially.
Congrats on getting SourceTree out on Windows!! One GUI to rule them all
Thank you Atlassian!!! Now a port for Linux. It should be easier that the Windows one :-) Good work!!!
Please also consider the Linux port!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.