I think my favorite memories are making new memories with my kids. Does that count? 😅
I'll also add that as someone who lost a grandparent to Alzheimer's (and spends a lot of time volunteering and fundraising for the Alzheimer's Association), I'm so grateful for the memories I have - and hope to keep them!
My favourite memory when I was kid and I used to go in fair with My Grand Pa and Grand Ma.
My favourite memory is my trip around Japan definitly have to go back there someday
Ok, given my age this can be a tough question as at times I forget what I had for lunch the day before. In the spirit of "Throw Back Thursday", I'm going to share one from my childhood.
My birthday is in August. Two of closest friends birthday's are the day before and after mine. As of about the age of ten. We had a tight group of about 5 of us, and birthdays always included a sleep over. What always ended up happening was a 72 hours all night gaming marathon because we were young, it was still the middle of the summer and we migrated from one house to the next three days in a row.
It was a ton of fun and always a good memory to think back on.
Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Camping in my Volkswagen bus with a mattress in the back with my mom , she created adventures that I now pass down to my kids
Sunday dinners as a kid were the best when the whole family came over and pasta sauce was cooking all day , the smell was amazing and while we waited we made pasta and it was drying all over the house.
I'd have to say my favorite memory is dessert.
Favorite Memory in a lifetime of moments is tough task to determine. It's like asking who is your favorite child? As we tell our children - we love them all the same - not at all 🤣 (they know we are kidding and we really love ______ the best - JK).
So I'll share one that I know would be in my top 5.
In my Junior Year of High School (November 1994) my line mate from our high school hockey team was dating a girl in the sophomore class. During breaks between classes we used to hang out around the Snapple machine (there was a change machine that I used to sit on top of) and this girl introduced me to her best friend (who was buying a Diet Peach Snapple at the time). That girl eventually became my girlfriend, then my best friend, then my wife and the mother of our 5 wonderful children (mentioned above) that I look at every day and think about how lucky I was to be in that spot at that moment. We've been dating for 28.5 years and married for 23.9 years, and I can remember exactly what she was wearing at that moment, how I felt, the smell of potato knishes wafting from the cafeteria, and what I said.
Finding "pirate treasure" on the Hatteras beach in the Outer Banks only to have a Park Ranger stop by to say hello, and, when in conversation, my son blurts out, "We found treasure!". I had to delicately explain, whilst not giving away mom and dad planted said treasure, that it was just dime store trinkets. The Ranger caught on quickly (presuming many parents have been down this path in his tenure) and played along with it telling my son to guard it well a pirates were still roaming these waters and dunes.
PS - finding treasure and not calling the rangers in to assume custody, mark the area, and a few other technicalities is a Federal offense in National Parks.
My favorite memories were all the ones I shared with my husband who passed away in 2015! Even though it is sad that he passed, I try to remember all the great times we had together over 19 years! The best memories are the ones at the beginning of our relationship when he was 18 and I was 20. We were so young and practically grew up together.
I would saying playing football or baseball in the yard with neighbors & family. Using trees for bases and plenty of ghost runners.
My favourite memory from childhood is our weekly Sunday picnic trips to the local amusement park in my hometown in India with my family and spending whole evening there and then having dinner at the nearby outside dining restaurant. Those days were amazing and fun, when all of my family members were together to have a wonderful time.
Hi All,
#TBT
Let’s make it a great Thursday!
My favorite memory is very secret 😂.
Once Achieved then I will share all of you.
Lets enjoy now
I used to love it when it was New Year's Day. My whole family, i.e., my parents and brother, Uncles, Aunts and Cousins, would go out to the beach and have a family picnic there.
I would, of course, get sunburned and sore skin for a day, but it was worth it.
My favorite memories are usually ones trigger by smell ironically. My parents owned a florist when I was young and being in a walk in cooler full of roses is memory that I have when I smell roses.
My favorite memory will be from the last few days visiting a friend in Colorado. All her friends gathered round her to support her in her fight with Pancreatic cancer. We laughed and had fun. Life is meant to be enjoyed with people you love!
Sipping a Hi-C Ecto Cooler, thinking that we as a species had reached peak cinema with the original Ghostbusters movie...
My favourite memories are from school, where I didn't have to worry about anything and just chill around!
I have to many great memories to choose a favorite.
The only memory I have on Thursday is wishing for a day off on Friday
Oh wow, great topic this week.
I've got to many great memories to choose from, especially the ones with family. Often you really only appreciate the memories when the people are no longer there. ❤️
I love to reminisce my trip from Finland to Germany where I travelled by my bike from Frankfurt to Bodensee / Lac de Constance and back. Lovely people and great scenery
Sleep!! Going to sleep, fall asleep in a few seconds, sleep like a baby and waking up fully rested for the day
The memory of my first Job!! It was so exciting traveling to new places, making friends, and handling some of the really difficult situations.
I think my favorite memory was to play cards with my classmates.
Play, Think, Analyse, and being a winner.
@Kristján Geir Mathiesen What a topic! I know I'm very late to the party, but I have just discovered the fun of #TBT! Hahaha, the memory is hilarious but I guess it resonates with all of us!
I've many beautiful memories of childhood days when we took family trips and Dad and Mom took turns to make the places we visited come alive with stories, legends, historical facts - all told live and on site! But the long summer holidays we got in school were so beautiful even when we stayed at home! Even the absence of air-conditioners in the heat of Indian summer went unnoticed under the magic of Mom's cooling home-made drinks and mesmerizing story books that we devoured by the dozen, borrowing most from the local library and rest gifted by our parents as rewards for doing well in studies or other activities.But as a grown-up, my best and most unforgettable memory is that of holding my baby in my arms for the first time! That softer than whispers skin, those little fingers and toes, - I just started crying in joy as she was put in my arms and she opened her eyes and smiled (actually, it was a grimace on her part because she was yet to know happiness or sorrow; but to me it was a smile alright!)! Another moment was when she said her first word, "mumma" looking straight at me and extending her hands towards me! Since then she's been the centre of my universe and given me countless memories! By God's grace, most of those memories are joyful! I'm deeply grateful!Thanks once again for the cathartic opportunity!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.