so i tried to update the putty cache, but since its auto replying, I delete the data in unity registrywhen I try to run directly in terminal, I didn't get any prompt question
how do I update the cache manually
Hi @Nathaniel Edward
Welcome to the Atlassian community! Is this still an issue for you?
If it is, I would skip trying to answer the prompt via SourceTree and just seed the cache directly with PuTTY. I would open PuTTY (the GUI, not Plink), put git@bitbucket.org in the Host Name field, keep port 22, then click Open. When the host key alert appears, I would click Accept. That writes the key into the cache for you.
git@bitbucket.org
Then close PuTTY and retry your fetch in Sourcetree. It should no longer prompt.
If you want to confirm it landed, the keys live under HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > SimonTatham > PuTTY > SshHostKeys in the registry.
One trap: make sure Sourcetree and PuTTY are using the same key agent and the same user profile, otherwise the cached key sits in a spot Sourcetree never reads.
Did clearing the registry earlier remove the whole PuTTY key branch, or just the Bitbucket entry?
Cheers, Martin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.