Hi People,
I've been out of the loop for a while. Is it fair to say that JWM was formerly known as Jira Core?
Are there any major differences between the two worth mentioning?
/Markus
Welcome back!
Sort of. It has been for a while, but Atlassian have announced complete separation, there's now:
If you got any one of 2-5, then it's going to be a bundle of JP + <product>.
The old (still current) offering is one of 3-5 = Jira Core + <product>, where Jira Core was now what we'd call JP + JWM.
I suspect I'm wildly over-simplifying, but I find it useful to think in a reductionist way like this here.
Thanks for the short and sweet explanation! Much appreciated!
Atlassian started Work Management for non-IT, non-service teams much like Core was targeted at businesses teams. So, you're right: JWM supercedes Core along with unique features (internal forms, calendar, timeline, inline editing lists among them).
Apart from its price, I still don't see major benefits over Jira Software.
The quick answer is Yes, JWM has it's origins as Jira Cloud Core. But as Nic noted, it has recently be split out as a separate product and you will see separate licensing for it in the future (i.e. 2024 sometime).
@Markus Fredén Jira work management provides much more functionality than core. Especially helping more traditional teams manage projects. I would suggest signing up for free and using the product so you can see all it has to offer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.