The agile mindset is a paradigm shift. I had some trouble with it coming from the automotive industry and only working with the waterfall methodology. Just like any paradigm shift, you first need to want to make the shift. Next I had to realize you can't just switch waterfall projects to Agile, each has a place. Then I started thinking about which projects could use this from my last job and I came up with a realization, we could have adopted this to our scrap team.
Production scrap happens daily and just like with Agile, you don't want to wait a long time to make improvements (management expects improvements each month). You could run the scrap improvement project using Agile, meet daily to followup, work on a limited, prioritized task list and deliver quickly. As new defects show up, add them to the backlog, groom it (once per week meeting), re prioritize and keep delivering improvements.