Hello Atlassian Community!
I hope you're all ready to kick off the weekend with some lighthearted fun. I'm excited to share a topic that brings out the inner child in all of us – collections!
Collecting items has been a beloved pastime for many people throughout history, and today, we'll dive into the fascinating world of collecting and how it adds joy and meaning to our lives.
🔥 The Thrill of Collecting:
There's something undeniably captivating about collecting. Whether it's stamps, coins, vintage toys, or even quirky oddities, collecting allows us to create a personal treasure trove filled with items that hold special significance to us. People collect for various reasons. Some are driven by a desire to preserve history or hold onto nostalgia, while others find the process of hunting for rare or unique pieces exhilarating. Collecting fosters curiosity, creativity, and a sense of accomplishment.
🦚 My Feather Collection:
Personally, I've been an avid collector since my childhood days. I started with a simple feather collection, where I would diligently pick up feathers I found during nature walks or bike rides. My collection came to an end when bird flu broke out in Germany and my mother burned it without further ado. Well, I think she was just worried about her little boy, but the abrupt dissolution of my collection didn't make me happy at this time 
🎴 Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon - Nostalgic Treasures:
As I grew older, my interests shifted to trading cards. I built up an impressive collection of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon cards, meticulously organizing and cherishing each one. These cards became more than just pieces of cardboard; they represented a shared nostalgia with friends and sparked endless battles and trades. Instead of burning my collection I burned a lot of my pocket money. But I have no regrets and I still own one or the other card. However, these are so worn out from playing (without a protective film, of course) that the value of the collection is purely emotional.
🥃 Shot Glasses - A Proud Collection:
Today, my current collection that brings me immense pride is my assortment of shot glasses. These tiny vessels hold memories from places I've traveled, celebrations with loved ones, and unforgettable moments shared with friends. Each glass tells a story, capturing a unique experience and serving as a conversation starter when guests come over. Collecting shot glasses has become a way to commemorate adventures and bring back cherished memories with every toast. This is my collection, which I will probably never complete, but I hope to add many more beautiful places. Maybe even Las Vegas at one of the next Atlassian Teams events 
✨ The Most Valuable Collection - Moments:
While physical collections have their allure, I've come to realize that the most precious collection I possess is not made of tangible items. It's the collection of moments I've experienced throughout my life. To capture and reflect on these moments, I keep a daily journal. In it, I record the ups and downs, the joys and challenges of the day. This practice allows me to appreciate the journey, learn from my experiences and create a rich tapestry of memories and makes me even more excited about the moments and memories to come.
🔄 Share Your Collections:
Now that I've shared some of my favorite collections, I invite all of you to join in on the fun! Whether you collect stamps, coins, action figures, or something entirely unique, I'd love to hear about it. If you like, you are invited to share your stories, pictures, or the memories associated with your collections. Thank you for reading my very first Friday Fun article. Now, let's celebrate the joy of collecting together! 
I'll start by sharing a picture of my collection of shot glasses:
