Trying to follow instructions on https://bitbucket.org/blog/ssh-host-key-changes without success. Running SourceTree 3.4.13 on Windows11 and instructions were obviously not written for Windows.
C:\Windows\System32>ssh-keygen -R bitbucket.org && curl https://bitbucket.org/site/ssh >> %USERPROFILE%/.ssh/known_hosts# Host bitbucket.org found: line 1C:\Users\NVnvW/.ssh/known_hosts updated.Original contents retained as C:\Users\NVnvW/.ssh/known_hosts.old% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time CurrentDload Upload Total Spent Left Speed100 836 100 836 0 0 810 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 812
C:\Windows\System32>ssh git@bitbucket.org host_key_infogit@bitbucket.org: Permission denied (publickey).
This was asked over 3 years ago. Didn't seem like the community support helped here but I had to find the solution by myself. I guess it works as I'm still using BitBucket
Hi @Amir Colnect
Is this still relevant for you?
I would read the "Permission denied (publickey)" as a sign that the host key update actually worked, since you got no host key warning; what remains is simply that your own SSH key is not being offered to Bitbucket. On Windows, Sourcetree also keeps its own host key cache when it runs in PuTTY mode, so I would check Tools > Options > General > SSH Client and, if it says PuTTY/Plink, load your key in Pageant and let Sourcetree accept the new Bitbucket host key once instead of editing the OpenSSH known_hosts file.
Cheers,Martin
Thanks for a reply. With 3+ years after asking, it's unlikely to be relevant
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.