Hi, I have two Private boards showing in my project list but I can't select, close or do anything with them.
How do I delete them? I have no idea what they are and what's in there.
Hey @Gene! I believe you're using a free Workspace, and if that's the case, you might not be able to close the two private boards created by other users since they weren't made by you. Just so you know, all members in a free Workspace are considered admins, and sometimes, situations like these can occur. Alternatively, you can activate the Premium free trial for your Workspace, giving you more control over all the boards created on your Workspace and allowing you to archive these mentioned boards or delete them if it's something you want. If you still face issues after activating the trial, please submit a ticket at https://trello.com/contact, and we'll be happy to assist you further.
Thank you. That's a bummer. Seems like you should be able to close boards you're not using.
How can I tell which boards they are so I can ask the administrator to remove me?
Thank you for your help.
If it's a private board, you won't have access unless they explicitly gave you access to. However, if you are a board member of these boards, you can open them and look at the board header and look at the icons on the left side of the "Share" button. Look for a profile picture with two chevron icons on top of each other, and you'll know that user is the board admin. Here's an example:
This should help you in case you aren't the board admin but is a board member of the board. Still, you can contact us at https://trello.com/contact, and we can provide you with more information about these two boards in case these recommendations don't work for you.
Still no luck
I see! In this case, if all these boards were already closed in your Workspace, it means you are the admins for them because if you weren't, they wouldn't be listed as closed boards for you. But because you're experiencing these issues only with these two Private boards on your Workspace, I'd recommend you open a ticket with us, and then we can take a closer look at these two specific boards and see why you can't close or delete them from your Workspace. Perhaps they were created way back when Trello didn't have this concept of Workspaces, but we'll have to see it to confirm.
Thank you. You are being so helpful.
I just reached out to a person who created a board and added me. At least I think that who it was. They made the board by accident and then abandoned it and ended up joining the board I already created. Hopefully they can still access it and delete it.
If they can't, I would really appreciate your help.
I will reach out either way in a day or two once I know for sure.
Thank you so much again for your help. I tried to figure out which board it was or which client added me but without much success.
Do you think you can have one of your tech support team members look into it and see if they can remove me from these two boards to which I have no access?
Is the only other option to upgrade and remove those boards that way?
Gene
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.