Greetings!
After a Windows Update --June 13, 2023—KB5027215 (OS Builds 19044.3086 and 19045.3086) my SourceTree will not start.
Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?
Thank you!
Per this link:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Sourcetree-won-t-load/qaq-p/1078409
Delete or rename the file:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree.exe_Url_g2rz5ptqinf2ev4p2npuuoobrwccav35\3.4.12.0\Composition.cache
It worked for me.
Here is the likely update that causes it.
June 13, 2023-KB5027538 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2
NOTE This has been fixed on the other thread:
Mukesh KumarATLASSIAN TEAMJun 23, 2023
We have fixed this issue in Sourcetree 3.4.14 which will be available soon.Currently Sourcetree 3.4.14 beta is available for beta users.
We have fixed this issue in Sourcetree 3.4.14 which will be available soon.
Currently Sourcetree 3.4.14 beta is available for beta users.
I came here to report the exact same thingSourcetree worked for me minutes before applying the Windows Update (mine was on 6/14/2023), but now Sourcetree won't open.It immediately closes after trying to launch the app.Restarting my PC has done nothing.Windows EventViewer shows no activity under Windows Logs -> Application
Hi
I renamed the Composition.cache file and all is well!
Thank you Panometric!
I appreciate the help.
This worked for me! (And a few others I work with) Thanks!
Same issue and the fix worked for me too. Thanks so much for the post!
I have also problem to open source tree currently. When I run the exe file, actually nothing starts. I can not find the Composition.cache file in the folder of Atlassian. Is there any suggestion to solve this? Thanks!
Using my Windows 11 PC as a reference and following the instructions in the answer provided by 'Panometric':Find C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\Ensure you can see AppData (hidden by default).Inside the "Atlassian" folder (directory if you prefer) I had more than one subfolder.The first was named "SourceTree". Don't mess with that one.The additional folders all have a name prefix of "SourceTree.exe_" plus a long suffix representing a uniqueIdentifier.Each of those additional folders represent different versions I have had installed on my machine.My assumption is when you update, the folders are not removed in case you want to roll-back to a previous version.I said in my earlier post I chose one with the most recent date, but it would be more correct to say "choose one that matches your current version". You can determine the folder's version number because as you drill down into the folders you will find one that is named with a version number. Drill all the way down through the folders to find the Composition.cache file. You can also try the Explorer Search.Renaming or deleting that Composition.cache (I prefer to rename, just in case) will cause the app the generate a new file when it is launched. So, if you are 100% certain that file does not exist and the app still fails to launch I would suspect you have a different issue.For more info while troubleshooting, you can look in the log file that was mentioned previously:C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\SourceTree\(uniquestring)sourcetree.logIn my case I had dozens of log files. I picked the one that was most recently touched and found entries at the bottom that matched the original post (the entries are dated).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.