Hi, I can't see an obvious answer to this question so apologies if I've missed it. It seems like a big gap to me that JPD has no concept of a product. I manage a portfolio of products and there's a bit more to managing an individual product than just adding a custom field for it.
I'd like to see product lines, versioning etc so a planned product improvement, aligned to an objective that affects KPIs can be tracked. I can see how some of this can be achieved with Atlas but not being able to start my process from the product portfolio and drill down into goals and roadmaps from there is a bit disorienting.
The reasons I'm asking:
- portfolio management and hygiene - product have a lifecycle that need proactive management
- Funding - revenues are linked to products and showing where investments will be made and what's going end of life is necessary to keep investors onboard (and they're quite important stakeholders).
So my question is, is having the concept of products as standalone entities on the roadmap?
Thanks
Richard