Hi @Kristján Geir Mathiesen
It's a great theme! As a teenager, I was madly in love with being an actress. So I took Theater courses, sang, danced, and acted on some stages. I attended many plays with my dad and friends at the Theater, but when I did my first performance at the São Pedro Theater, I was so happy that there were no words to define it.
This photo is just one example of how beautiful this place can be. I loved the Chandelier. ❤️😃⭐️🙏🏽
So striking...
Thank you for bringing it to me. 🙏🏽☀️
Have a wonderful day! 😃
Two stand out for me.
One was going to see Stephen King's Cat's Eye and being the only one in the theater (oops theatre).
The other one was going to see Seven and having this guy behind us chortling and chuckling the whole time. (FREAKY!)
When I was 8, we had a class field trip to Toronto to see the Phantom of the Opera (the live stage performance). I think I was really too young to understand or take much of it in as I don't remember much about the actual performance, but I do remember that was my first time in a multi-level theatre.
My actual theatre experiences (not counting cinema) can be counted on one hand. 😅 But if it counts when Benedict Cumberbatch did Hamlet with the National Theatre (UK) they recorded it and we were able to go see it in the movie theatre in Reykjavík. That was pretty damn cool.
My favorite theater experience was seeing Dear Evan Hansen. Hamilton and Lion King come in close 2nd (and 3rd!)
I absolutely love taking my kids to see performances - always great to see the twinkle in their eyes. When I was a teacher, I loved taking my students - for many of them, it was their first theater experience and it was always a delight. We have a few wonderful children's theaters here in Milwaukee.
We enjoy the theater immensely. Excited that 2 of my grandsons are entering their 1st year in College as in schools for the performing arts... There's enough geeks in the family already
The most vivid memory I have of a theatre was that it was A/C was freezing cold and I forgot to bring my jacket.
Hallo in die Runde, mein Kommentar wurde nicht versendet, warum weiß ich nicht?
Hier nun ein weiterer Versuch zum Thema:
Kommentar von gestern:
Going to the Shubert in Chicago with my Grandmother for Christmas. And, then to Marshall Fields for lunch!
I don't know that anything especially stands out. I have been multiple times in New York, but it has been a very long time. The most recent time was in Chicago. But that, too, has been a while. Not a huge fan. It's overpriced entertainment to me. :-) But I do enjoy going now and then.
@John Funk, ich meine das Schauspieler ihre Leistung bringen, und es auch einen Wert hat hat sich ein Stück oder einen guten Film anzu sehen. Es gibt oder gilt nur das Argument von guten und schlechten Werken, das ist zu entscheiden. Erst nach dem Ansehen kann man urteilen.
Wünsche eine schöne Woche!
Ernst aus Wien
@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck Ich habe die Trailer v. Benedikt Cumberbatch angesehen, diese schauen gut und vielsprechend aus. Ich empfehle die Monumentalversion von Kenneth Branagh (Hauptdarsteller und Regisseur) allerdings verfilmt (4 Stunden lang) mit berühmten Schauspielern (Kate Winslet) und an Originalschauplätzen.gedreht - sehr oppulent!
Schöne Woche wünscht Ernst aus Wien
@Ernst Fortunits Der Branagh Hamlet habe ich mehrere gange gesehn! Ich habe viel Liebe für diese Verzion. Die einige Verzion I gesehen habe dass die ganze Schauspiel im Film gemacht hat, oder in Theater auch. Die Titanic Film habe ich nie gesehn, ist viel zu lang (und sicher langweilig) aber Branagh wird ich gern wieder sehen! 😝 ich habe im ernst nie eine schlimme Branagh Film gesehen. Hast du seinen Poirot Filme gesehen? Auch sehr oppulent 😁 (und ich mag Agatha Christie gar nicht! 😂)
Auch entschuldige mein Gymnasium Deautsch. 😝
@Thorhalla Gudmundsdottir Beck - Mir gefällt auch das Werk von Kenneth Branagah. Von Hamlet hab ich mehrere Versionen gesehen - wobei führend für mich die Verfilmung von Mr. Branagh Ich habe Verfilmungen gesehne mit in welchen Hamlet von Sir Laurence Olivier, Mel Gibson, und eben Kenneth Brnagh gespielt wurde.
Mister Brnagh spielte ja auch bei "Harry Potter" mit.
Die Hercule Poirot Verfilmungen habe ich nur "den Mord im Orient Express" gesehen. - da hat mir die Aussage und überhaupt der Film sehr gut gefallen, vor allem weil ja das Krimi Genre gar nicht bedient wurde, sondern sich der Film letztendlich zu einem Anti Kriegsfilm (1- Weltkrieg) entwickelte.
"Der Tod auf dem Nil" - habe ich noch nicht gesehen.
Wünsche eine schöne Woche - Rechtschreibung ist schon in Ordnung, solange ich folgen kann!
When I think of a theatre, it's definitely a movie theatre.
For my earliest memory, movie theater Trioscoop in Hasselt, Belgium comes to mind, the place where I went to see my first movie, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial at the age of 9
This remind me my childhood memory when my parent took me to the movie theater for the first time. I still remember It was a awesome experience to watch the movie on big screen with full house audience and eating popcorn. Enjoy a lot. Spending time with parent and the people which you love is awesome feeling.
Of all the plays/musicals I have seen over the years; and there have been many, the two that stick out in my mind are Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theater and NYC and most recently Harry Potter and The Cursed Child in NYC last year!
DANKE für die Mails und Bilder - glG Ernst aus Wien
Wünsche uns alle nein angenehmes WE!!!
Years ago, when I was in college at Olivet Nazarene University, I had the privilege of playing trumpet in a small band who played about an hour of music while the theater filled for a Joni Eareckson Tada "concert"/event. There were about a dozen of us. This was hosted in the Rialto Square Theater in Joliet, Illinois back in the late '70's. The theater is a regal throw-back from the late 1920's, and is unimaginably beautiful, with acoustics to match. What an incredible opportunity! It was also my only experience as a performer in a union theater.
What an awesome experience for a young musician! That place is absolutely beautiful!
Hi all!
Eure Beiträge und Fotos sind wunderbar - ich habe aktuell ein Gedankenexperiment am Laufen, und in Selbigen, stell ich mir mein Leben als Bühne vor, und es ergibt sich schon die Frage: (die weiterere Fragen aufwirft und dann folgen noch andere sich ergebende Fragen etc . ......) Wer tritt auf auf meiner Bühne? Wie sieht meine Bühne aus? (hier in euren Bilder gibt es sehr schöne Beiträge zu dieser Frage) - Welche Stücke werde nauf meiner Bühne gegeben? - Wer tritt auf? - Wer tritt garantiert nicht auf? - Welche Bühnenmusik wird gegeben? - Tragödie/Komödie? das ist hier die Frage? und ich glaube nicht das, das das Ende der Fahnenstange ist - es wird noch viel mehr geben .......
I have had some wonderful experiences attending performances in the theatre over the years. Bristol has some excellent venues, including the Tobacco Factory and the Bristol Old Vic, where I have been many times.
One of my favourite performances ever has been recorded and released as a show on HBO. Every Brilliant Thing | Watch the Movie on HBO | HBO.com I highly recommend it.
Also in the UK, they have this programme called NT Live, where they record live performances to show them in cinemas and it is everything! I have seen so many great shows for more or less the price of a cinema ticket that otherwise would have been inaccessible to me due to them being only in New York or London, something like that.
National Theatre Live | Official website | Filmed live theatre (ntlive.com)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.