I am new to Atlassion Analytics or JIRA.. I have testcase data in xray in JIRA and I want to fetch that information from xray to PowerBI. could you please help me with the steps to achieve the same.
Hi @Hiranya Haridas and welcome to Atlassian Community!
If I know well, Atlassian Analytics does not support 3-rd party apps at the current moment. But if you need to export your Xray data to Power BI, you can do it with the help of our Power BI Connector for Jira. This app allows to export Jira data, custom fields, Xray, Zephyr, Insight and many other apps' data.
Here is a link to the app on the Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221150/power-bi-connector-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
This is the documentation on the apps supported, including Xray: https://aserve.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PBCFJC/pages/2242576398/Supported+add-ons
Cheers,
Anna
Hello @Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve Thank you so much for the prompt response. The problem here is my project has not approved for PowerBI connector for JIRA. However, they have enabled Atlassian Analytics. Is there any way to get Xray data into PowerBI if I cannot use PowerBI connector for JIRA. I did find a video on Youtube Atlassian channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l6_fsmkhWU where they have mentioned at 9.57 mins regarding DataLake, but not sure how to use it. However, not sure if it allow me to pull data from Xray.
As far as I know, it relates to the Atlassian products data itself (like Jira Software, Jira Service Management etc + Jira Align coming soon in Q4 2023), but not for other vendors' apps. Here is some more information for you: https://www.atlassian.com/platform/analytics/what-is-atlassian-data-lake#what-is-the-atlassian-data-lake
Thank you once again, @Anna Odrynska - Alpha Serve for the response. I have the PowerBI connector for Jira installed now and I am trying to get the Xray fields. I can see all the other fields but not Xray. do you know how can the Xray fields be available.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.