Hey, We are trying to automate a way where we can get list of all users of all groups, and then remove the deactivated users and get a finalized list. We have 170 groups, so its not easy to do things thru UI.
I was working with bash + querying database. Query to get list of all groups -
#mysql -u$user -p$password --batch -e "use $db; select lower_group_name from cwd_group;" > /tmp/crowdgroups
And then I wrote a procedure to recursively get all Groups / Childrens of that particular group. This pretty much seems to work for me. I am still searching for loopholes and probability of failure.
One such seems to be the cyclic group thing. Group1 (is member of) Group2, Group2 (is member of) Group3, and then Group3 (is member of) Group1
Any ideas on making this script perfect or other nicer ways to do this? I know there is REST APIs but I did not try them yet.
Procedure is here -
findmembers()
{
#Find all Users in this group and append it to a file
mysql -u$user -p$password --batch -e "use $db; select lower_child_name from cwd_membership where membership_type='GROUP_USER' AND lower_parent_name='$1';" | tail -n+2 >> /tmp/mygroups
# Check if Group has children groups in it, if so, run recursive for all groups
if [ `mysql -u$user -p$password --batch -e "use $db; select membership_type,group_type,lower_parent_name, lower_child_name from cwd_membership where membership_type='GROUP_GROUP' AND lower_parent_name='$1';"|wc -l` -ne 0 ]
then
#echo "$1 has groups in it"
# Find all groups nested in this group
mysql -u$user -p$password --batch -e "use $db; select lower_child_name from cwd_membership where membership_type='GROUP_GROUP' AND lower_parent_name='$1';"|tail -n+2 > /tmp/tmp_$1
# Go through each group and find all the children in it.
while read tgroups
do
findmembers $tgroups
done
fi
}