When creating a new card on another board, I want all content including custom fields and attachments to populate - is this possible?
@BF Trello Automations
CF definitions are unique to each board. The CF name may be the same on 2 boards but they are different custom fields. Unlikely other card variables the prefix trigger eg {triggercardname} cannot be used for custom field. The way around this is to use Trello API to gather the source/trigger card CF in {httpresponse} using the HTTP request.
Thank you so much for your help... however I am not familiar with http requests and programming - can you give an example on what you would write and how to populate inside the automation wizard? Thank you in advance
This is an example of how I used http request to do what you wanted.
when a card is moved into list "Doing", create a new card with title "{triggercardname}" in list "{triggercardlistname}", and post to url "https://<instance url>/attachments/copy_attachment" with payload "{"card_id" : "{triggercardidlong}" , "alt_card_id" : "{newcardidlong}"}"
Sorry mate - I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to Http push/pull code. Where do I find my <instance URL>? Thanks in advance
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.