Hi Team,
I have configured my git in linux server and I would like to access my local git using GUI. I have installed Sourcetree but unable to connect to my linux git from windows server.
Please help me to provide the solution.
Regards,
Kunal Khanna
Hi @Kunal Khanna
I would treat the Linux repo as a remote rather than a local one, so on the Linux server I would create a bare repo (git init --bare /path/repo.git) and make sure SSH access works, then in Sourcetree use Clone / New > Clone from URL with ssh://user@server/path/repo.git and point Sourcetree at your private key under Tools > Options > Authentication. Sourcetree can only open a working copy on the Windows machine itself, so the alternative is to map the Linux path as a network drive, though I would avoid that because Git over SMB tends to corrupt file permissions and index locks.
ssh://user@server/path/repo.git
Cheers, Martin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.