About working with repository history in Source Tree.
At 1.) Haven't seen anything like this in any Git-GUI yet ....
At 2.) Yes you might revert both changes via two 'git revert' commands with commits meantime ... Just to be sure to revert the correct commits, I prefer to use "git reset <CommitId>' rather than HEAD~1.
2.) So if I want to revert to HEAD-2, I do need to call twice revert? Is there a simper way to revert (without using reset that is destructive command)?
Yes you would need call revert twice.
I think "git revert" is the simplest way to revert - and it is IMHO the "easiest to reproduce" way (esp. for your fellow developers)...
Have a look here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1463340/revert-multiple-git-commits
Thanks for the link. I've found in a comment to an answer this shortcut: git revert --no-commit D C B . I haven't tried yet, but it seems possible to revert multiple commits in one line, and then commit.
I've actually found this: git revert --no-commit D C B . I haven't tried yet, but it seems possible to revert multiple commits in one line, and then commit.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.