Hello,
I'm trying to write a python script to pull data from Trello via API/sdk and then upload that data to an internal company site.
I don't have a Trello account but my manager does and I've tried giving her instructions on how to get an API key and API token in order to do so:
- Login to your Trello account
- Go to https://trello.com/app-key and click "Power-Up Admin Portal" link
- Under "Power-Ups and Integrations", click "New"
- Fill out the "New Power-Up or Integration" form and click "Create." The field "Iframe connector URL (Required for Power-Up)" can be omitted
- Click "Generate a new API key", then "Generate API key" in the modal
- From there, the API key and Secret will be provided. Click the "Token" link, then accept the auth request by clicking "Allow"
- An API token associated with the API key and API secret will be generated. Note: this will only be shown/shared once
I was able to create a free/dev Trello account, then created a couple boards and was able to follow those instruction above. I got the key/token and put it into my script and was able to pull that data.
But my manager wasn't able to do so. stating, the Trello account configured for my manager does not have the option for them to create generate the API key..My manger is able to create the API token though.
Is this something I would need to my manager to ask our Trello account manager? What are our options?