It was clear from the HUNDREDS of extremely negative comments on SourceTree v1.8.x that the new release was a disaster, yet I have not seen any response as to what Atlassian is doing about it. I went to the designer's blog and not a peep... What is the plan? What are they rolling back? ARE they rolling back at all?? I noticed there are still updates with version 1.8.x listed in the app, but how will I know when it is safe to get a proper version update??
Most of the issues are being tracked on separate tickets in jira.atlassian.com. You can search that site for whichever issues you think are most critical. Most of the issue numbers for SRCTREEWIN greater than 4100 or 4200 are for the 1.8 releases. At this point I think they've issued 10+ minor releases that resolve major bugs related to authentication and UI, as well as a variety of uncommon/minor bugs.
As of March 2016, some of the issues have been fixed (alignment, tabs, color of status icons, registration authentication issues), some may be fixed in the future (tree view), some probably won't (toolbar icons).
If you'd prefer to update your question to ask about specific issues, I could update my answer with some links to relevant bug reports.
Git flow was disabled, but should have been re-enabled as of version 1.8.2. Do you have an older 1.8.x installed? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-4169
The latest version also has colorful branches:
image2016-3-14 12:13:58.png
As of today, I work with SrcTreeWin 1.8.11 - its not too buggy with me, so it can be used already. But there still some annoying bugs, so I don't recommend my colleagues to use it. I don't like the new GUI either - but thats a matter of taste and I'll get used to it ...
Specific issues that are very important to me and my team are as follows:1. We use GitFlow on our team, and having the GitFlow icon with the most common GitFlow options readily available it important to us. Not only did the new version remove the icon, and bury the options deep inside the some dropdown menus, but they don't allow the customization to turn the feature on/off. I get why you might want to allow teams that do not use GitFlow to turn it off, but why remove it from those of us who use it constantly? Are there plans to put that GitFlow icon back? Or, at least when someone loads an update, will you allow them to select the GitFlow icon feature?
2. I noticed a lot of the color was gone, and tons of people complained about that as well. The colors of the different branches is a huge benefit, even in our small group where we have 6 or 7 different features happening at once. Are there plans to bring that back?
I believe these are both addressed in the latest 1.8. I've edited my original answer with specifics.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.