
Happy Wednesday Everyone!
I think by now you must have realized that I’m a big fan of the Work Check Podcast!
The latest episode was just released yesterday and it was another fantastic debate. What made this one even more special (for me) was that this one was recorded live at Team '23 in Las Vegas in front of all the attending Community Leaders!

Getting back to the topic of the debate. Going into this my default, reaction was:
Yes we should set time aside for virtual hangs!
Both debaters made very strong arguments, and listening to the opening arguments, I almost fell for the “we are already busy, we don’t need another obligation“ argument. But in the end, I ultimately sided with my gut feeling.
Let me justify my initial thoughts. I work on a completely remote team. A number of our members are multiple hours away from our closest office. Also, unlike where both of the debaters focused (“zoom“) I assumed virtual hangouts wasn’t exclusively limited to zoom (since that wasn’t called out at the beginning of the debate).
Additionally, while we are all busy, we know that personal professional development is very important. This takes us away from our very busy jobs and with so many people not having regular interactions with people on a day to day basis because they are working from home; these virtual social gatherings, while awkward, are important for us to maintain our ability to interact with people.
@Christine P. Dela Rosa if you are ever looking for more debaters, you know where to find me
So, now it’s your turn to chime in with your thoughts. What side of the debate are you on? Please share your thoughts in the comment below!
Have a great rest of the week!
